Sunday 3 April 2016

I am Sorry

Good morning, Amari.

My love for you is something no one, not even you I pray will ever question.  I think about you every second of every day.  I have so many memories of us, and all the things we used to do.  All the joy we shared together.  I want you to know how much I miss you, and how my heart breaks every day because I am not there, to help you with everything you need.  I am a father who is different.  I do not live my life happy because I need my children here.

I smile, and then cry when I think of you and I training for athletics.  Of us sprinting by the park, and racing up the stairs, all the way to the 17th floor.  You were so strong, and determined.  You would breeze up and down the flights of stairs and I knew right then and there that you have something special.  The one memory, that breaks my heart in the greatest way, which I have photo's of is when you ran laps around the school yard for cross country in the morning.  You would compete against guys in your school who were your age and many that were older, and you would still win! 

Amari; the joy that brought me.. you will never know.  How you would look me in the eyes, during the races and after.  My son; I am so proud of you!  I absolutely love you so much.  I have so many memories to share, but I will spread them out in time, and through these letters. 

I find you to have all the qualities of a great human.  You are kind, considerate, and strong.  You are a great inspiration to people, and you are an inspiration to me.  This is one of the reasons I will fight to have you in my life.  So that we can be, father and son once again. 

I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment