Saturday 21 May 2016

Lessons for my children

Hi Oshone, Amari, Kwaku, Na'Zyia and Ife

I worked very hard today, and spent the day with Momma Rose.  She fell yesterday, and hurt her knee.  She asked if I would take her to the hospital.  Of course, I said yes.  Her and I spend a lot of time together.  Mostly, every Saturday.  Just speaking about life, and I am given an opportunity to express all my faults, past and present with her.  All the things I have done wrong in life, and how to work on being an improved person.  She confides in me.  I confide in her, although I do speak to almost everyone about the bad I've done in my life.  How I strive, to be a better person.

Which leads to this; If I had the chance to speak with You, Oshone, Amari, Kwaku, Na'Zyia and Ife today, the lessons of the day would be as follows: 

You only live once (so profound but easily slighted by most) and I would speak these words on the subject:

Oshone, if You give your best efforts no matter what subject, and in no matter the situation, You will open greater windows of opportunity.  You must be consistent in Your attempts at succeeding in all that You do.  Whether it is in English class, working on a short story, or a creative writing assignment, to speaking with Your Momma about how You feel deep inside.  About what upsets You, and also what makes You feel happy.  Your effort in explaining will bring about clarity, and it will ensure what you say and mean are communicated effectively.  I wish for You to be Happy.  Always.  I Love You, infinitely.

Amari, when You are honest, it will define You as a person.  It will present an accurate representation of who You are to everyone.  This next part is so important!  When You are honest, the world around You will respect You.  They will consider You to be a young man of high morals, and dignity.  Most of all, Your family; You will earn the trust of.  As a young leader, Amari Mosiah, Your family needs You to mean what You say, and say what You mean.  So that when You speak, You are given automatic credibility because Your past will be a good indicator of Your current and future actions.  Be honest.  I know that You are, so these are words of reinforcement, from Your father.  Though I am not there, You are always on my mind.  I Love You, so.

Kwaku, do not be afraid.  Put fear behind You, because it will prevent You from being the great man that You are destined to be.  I trust in Your potential.  I trust in Your greatness.  What I am worried about is Your confidence.  I wish for You to go forward with determination.  Success is based on the journey of navigating hurdles and roadblocks.  You will not always win the battle.  But if You let one loss deter You, You cannot possibly win the war.  You will win, "as long as You keep, Your head to the sky" as Sounds of Blackness once said.  You will win, Kwaku!  Trust in your preparation.  Trust in the practice, planning, and studying that will make You the great man You will be.  Trust in my words, because I Love You more than I Love myself.  If I were allowed, I would hold You (as You once Loved me to do) and spread majestic beauty of Your Greatness!!  Right into Your ears, so that You would have no doubts.  No concerns.  No fears.  You will WIN!!!  You, I Love.

Na'Zyia, between the exterior and the interior, it is what rests within a person that is most important.  Do not focus on the perception given based on appearance.  What glitters is that which is more often than not, not gold.  The views You hold of yourself, should come from the type of person that You are.  What makes You special, is the quality of Your character.  You will shine brightest if You are true to Yourself.  That You work continually on your attitude and personality are significant because this is the measurement that will carry You exceedingly far in life.  Also, this will never waver or let you down.  A persons appearance will waver, and will let them down.  Never their character, if they have established themselves with high moral presedence!  Build a character of patience, kindness, and empathy.  Build one up, so that no one can ever tear it down.  If I was there with You, this is the lesson I would speak on for the day.  I prefer not to call it a lesson, because these words move fluidly throughout me.  Also, the relationship with Your Mother and You must be unbreakable.  I am certain it is, however, I feel great tests await.  If I were near You, I would say "no one holds Your bests interest at heart, more than Your Mother".  It is not difficult for me to say this, even under these circumstances, because I know Your Mother well.  She is a good human being.  She always does what she thinks is best.  Part of being the good person I am trying to evolve into, is seeing things from another persons point of view.  I am doing very well at this.  Some say, "too well".  The point is, look deep within Yourself, and find a way to transition this inner self, towards the out self.  The inner, is most significant.  Who You are, is who You are deep inside.  Please know this.  Your Daddy Loves You to the Skye and back.  I really Love You!

Ife, Love is the most powerful force in nature; under the stars, and even beyond, back down to Earth and into the Oshone.  Love is who You are, and what will guide you to do the right things in life.  More specifically, Love is a combination of all positive emotion.  My intention was to begin this with Laughter, however, I see Laughter as Joy.  Joy as a reflection of smiles.  Smiling, a good feeling inside.  This good feeling, is at it's nucleus, Love.  Please do not allow anything or anyone take this away from You.  Neither Laughter, nor Love.  Your Love will be tested.  Know this; it is not within Your control, the behavior and words of those around You.  What I am saying, is to always keep Love within You.  Always maintain a state of Peace.  Please.  There are people who are not so nice, and then there are really nice people.  Always focus on the positive.  Remember, everything that can be stated in a negative way, can just as well be re-stated in a positive manor.  Use Your gift of Love, to emphasize the positive.  Know that my Love for YOU is boundless.  Your hugs are the absolute best!  As a daughter, (words of Love from Your father)Your Love for me was the absolute best!   I Love You and I Miss You

This hurts

Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment