Friday 21 October 2016

12:22 pm - Friday, October 21st/2016

Good Afternoon Oshone
Good Afternoon Amari
Good Afternoon Kwaku
Good Afternoon Na'Zyia
Good Afternoon Ife

When you were small, I would push You on the swings at the park.  You enjoyed this very much.  I enjoyed bringing You Joy.  Making You smile.  Seeing Your smiles.  We would go on the see-saws, and have competitions on the monkey-bars.  I would watch You go down the slide, which also You were delighted in.

When we would walk to school, I would speak with You about nature.  About the leaves that grow on trees, and about the pond that ran along the path down the hill.  I would explain what makes snow flakes so beautiful, and through all this, we would sing beautiful songs.  When it rained, I would hold the umbrella for You when the wind became too intense. 

These are little things.  Small things.  What has created greater thoughts in myself, is that these moments are what matter most.  It is not what I am doing now for You that counts, in my eyes.  It is the fact that I am no longer able to spend tender moments directly with You.  I will continue to do the right thing in life for You, which is all that I am allowed to do, but I want You to know that all I want is to be with You.  To be there for You, as Daddy. 

As Dad.

I Miss You

I Absolutely Love You with all my heart, Ife, Na'Zyia, Kwaku, Amari, Oshone

I Love You

Love,

Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment