Sunday 10 July 2016

How Fast Do Clouds Move? At Times They Seem So Slow... How is it measured?

For this question, I had to research in order to gather accurate information.  However, prior to the additional reading on the subject, I know that clouds move extremely fast.  That the wind at such heights is strong, and would carry the vapor rapidly.  The actual answer, is in excess of 100 mph and after learning through studying the topic, I was correct in my assertion that the wind is the principle cause.  Cirrus clouds move at over 100 mph, while thunderstorm clouds move at 30 - 40 mph.  Mobile Doppler radars measure the speed of this motion. 

These questions, who would have known, would come back to bring me truth, understanding, and insightfulness by expanding my knowledge base. 

I am forever sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment