Sunday 10 July 2016

The Children I Love

Good morning, Oshone
Good morning, Amari
Good morning, Kwaku
Good morning, Na'Zyia
Good morning, Ife

I Love You! 

I have dreamt of You over 1000 times, and last night was different.  I Miss You.  I dream that one day I will be allowed access to You so that I can show You how much I Love You.  It is a different kind of Love. 

Oshone, I recall going on school excursions with You.  You would adore when I would come, because Your classmates thought I was the 'coolest' Dad.  I went with You to the zoo.  We went to Lake Ontario to collect and examine stones, and observed fossil evidence within them.  I have three stones from that fieldtrip.  I also went with You to another school and we watched a school play and performance together.  I have pictures of the time we shared together at this performance.   You used to Love Ice Age, and especially the part where the cat says "Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo. I can't wait to get my paws on that mammoth.  First I'm gonna slice its hindquarters in sections.  I'll put the white meat in one pile, and the dark meat in another.  Next, the shoulders.  Occasionally tough, but extremely juicy.. I Love You Oshone.

Amari, I recall attending a track and field day with You.  I watched as You participated in relay, standing long jump, running long jump and several events, additionally.  I encouraged You with joy, and as always, was so proud of Your effort and Your achievements.  You are so gifted!  I have video footage and pictures of You running and jumping.  I brought water bottles and fruits to keep you hydrated and to ensure You would maximize Your potential on that day.  I will post some of these pictures on Your birthday, this coming Friday, July 15th/2016.  I Love You, Amari Mos!

Kwaku, I recall Your love for music running through Your system like I have never seen in anyone before.  And at such a young age!  You are so  beautiful, Kwaku.  You would rock on the couch to "Letz Make Muzik" for as long as we played the song.  It was the only song You would truly move to.  I mean out of every song we played, it was only this song that elevated Your spirit.  I had to ask You not to move so hard, because the couch, literally began to dent.  I could care less about the couch.  It was any damage to You that concerned me.  Trust.  My heart sinks because I did not want to interrupt Your joy, but I was genuinely concerned for Your well being.  You would say "ONEOAK" in the most amazing way!  I brought You, Oshone, and Amari to a video shoot that You all actually appear in.  It was for a song by '1st Word' entitled "Where Would I Be"  and the actual video with You in it is here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJUiPP2UtmM .
I Love You  Kwaku, more than You could ever know. 
I Miss You so bad, it hurts.

Na'Zyia, A small smile brushes over me when I recall You playing 'dress-up'.  You Loved to wear dresses, and to 'doll' yourself.  I smiled because I reminisce on Your whole persona.  That smile on Your face, and the actual attitude to go with Your physical presence.  You always expressed the highest form of a 'darling baby girl'.  How You would hold Your waste, and tilt Your head without having been taught this pose, still amazes me!  I can picture this as if it were yesterday.  You are a beautiful, and glowing with Joy great daughter and I Miss You!  I Love You, Na'Zyia Skye.  I pray that You smile even brighter.  I Love You.

Ife, It was part of the dream that I had last night that motivates this mornings letter to Yourself, and Your brothers and sisters.  I dreamt that You and I were watching a movie, together on the sofa.  There is something that You would always do, in order to continue watching the television, although there may have been a part of the show, that You did not wish to see.  So in my dream, You cuddled up beside me, and I made sure You were comfortable and Loved.  Then, when the 'hard to watch' part came on (such as the ants being dumped on the gym teacher in 'Meet The Robinsons'), You held out Your arm, and placed Your hand semi, in front of Your face to avoid seeing the entire screen.  It is and was the cutest thing, Ife.  It makes me smile, but hurt deep inside, because I Love You so much.  I Miss You like You could not believe.  I really Miss You.
I Love You Ife.

Love,

Daddy


No comments:

Post a Comment