Monday 4 July 2016

There's no other words for SORRY, but the tears that lay in MY hands

When I say that I despise myself, it is for the ways I have treated a special lady.  I have confessed my sins to everyone, inside and out.  Most of all, I have confessed my sins to myself, and to God.  I have apologized, and will continue to apologize until the day that I am no longer here (on my 100th birthday / they say the average man lives 77 years or so..).

I am very angry at myself, when I think about all the wrongs I have done.  It is reflective moments that cause me to feel this way.  It is also to hold myself accountable for that which I can never repair.  I will work on myself, and will strive to be better each day.  For instance, I have not had any alcohol for 274 days.  I used to drink beer, but not only have I completely removed it from my life; I have moved on past that phase of my life, and recognize it caused my family more harm than good.  I was speaking with my brother and told him, just this past weekend, that alcohol does not bring anyone any good.  I only think about it (beer) when writing in this blog.  It's gone...

I was told that having children may not be in the cards for me.  That maybe I was not supposed to be able to raise children, and be in a family environment.  I put my head down, in an attempt to understand where this person was coming from.  I raised my head with encouragement and positive energy, and said I have made many mistakes.  I have done many wrongs.  I will not ever accept that I am not the Father for the children we share.  I have stepped up to the plate, and have offered all that I am capable of in this time.  In a little more time, I will offer and give much more.  I have stepped up to the plate..

There's no other words for SORRY, but the tears that lay in MY hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment