Monday 11 July 2016

What Is The Tallest Tree and How Tall Is It? How Long Are Its Roots?

The tallest tree, I believe to exist in South America.  I think it is 78 feet tall, and over 900 years old.  The length of its roots, I would estimate to be 40 feet.  Now I will do research and find the correct answers...

Wow!!!

Hyperion, the world's tallest living tree. The tallest tree in the world is a coast redwood (Sequoia sempervirens), named Hyperion after a person in Greek mythology. The tree is no less than 115.72 m (379.7 feet) tall!

I could not find information on the length of the Hyperions roots, however, the greatest reported depth to which a tree's roots have penetrated is 400 feet by a Wild Fig tree at Echo Caves, near Ohrigstad, Mpumalanga, South Africa.

I continue to grow, and for this, I thank the Changer.

No comments:

Post a Comment